The Arts – Thinking Broadly – Careers Forum
Are you studying art or design but not sure how you can utilise your skills toward a successful career? Come and listen to a variety of arts professionals share their experiences of how they got to where they are today, the challenges and the highlights. This forum will open your mind to the vast possibilities that await you in an arts related industry. Speakers will include, artists, designers, curators as well as representatives from Artlab, Greenaway Gallery, Hugo Michell, Country Arts SA, ACE Open and the Art Gallery of South Australia.
- Christopher Orchard, feature artist for this year’s South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival
- Erin Davidson, Project Officer, Artistic Programs will facilitate a panel discussion with artists/designers Peter Drew, Alice Potter and Meg Wilson
- Liz Nowell, CEO, ACE Open
- Rebecca Evans, Curator of Decorative Arts in conversation with Mary-Anne Gooden, Textiles Conservator, Artlab Australia
- Logan Macdonald from Greenaway Art Gallery and Jenna Pippett from Hugo Michell Gallery
- Naomi Fallon, manager Walkway Gallery, Art and Cultural Development, Tatiara
There will also be an opportunity to view the SALA Exhibitions at the Gallery including the Secondary Drawing Exhibition and Christopher Orchard: Avatar.
When Friday 11 August, 10am - 2pm
Cost $5 student, $2 equity/regional student, $15 educators and parent/caregivers
Bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org (provide contact details, name of school, number and year level of students, number of educators and parent/caregivers)
Telephone (08) 8207 7033
in the Gallery Policy
The Gallery’s Learning and Educator programs are supported by the Government of South Australia through the Department of Education and Child Development.