The Contemporary Collectors membership category has been established to encourage a greater understanding of contemporary art and to develop the permanent collection of the Art Gallery of South Australia.
Contemporary Collectors raise essential funds to enable the Gallery to purchase art produced over the past decade from within Australia and internationally. Members are offered a program of activities and events, including visits to private collections, art fairs and festivals and talks by contemporary artists and curators.
Contemporary Collectors Membership privileges include:
- Invitations to selected Art Gallery exhibition openings
- Exclusive private tours of Art Gallery exhibitions with the curators
- Home delivery of the seasonal Art Gallery magazine, Articulate
- Contemporary Collectors Events Calendar and regular e-news bulletins
- Social events in the homes of private art collectors
- Access to interstate and overseas art events through organised trips
- Preferential purchase of limited edition works by contemporary artists
- Discounts in the Art Gallery Bookshop and Restaurant
- Use of the Members' Lounge in the sculpture courtyard
Based on ATO guidelines your membership is tax deductible (except for a $60 non tax deductible annual membership fee).
Membership benefits are redeemable upon presentation of Membership card.
Upon joining you will be sent the latest copy of Articulate magazine, tickets to visit our current exhibition, a Contemporary Collectors Events Calendar, and your new membership card which can be used to redeem the benefits outlined above.
Join the Contemporary Collectors
(1 July 2013- 30 June 2014)
Current Pro-Rata Rate
May 2013- June 2014
(15 months of membership)
(under 30 years)
(under 30 years)
Online renewals are currently unavailable. To re-new you membership, please contact the Contemporary Collectors Coordinator on 8207 7572.
We look forward to sharing another exciting year of acquisitions, events, educational talks, art travel and other exciting opportunities with you.