The Contemporary Collectors membership category has been established to encourage a greater understanding of contemporary art and to develop the permanent collection of the Art Gallery of South Australia.
Contemporary Collectors raise essential funds to enable the Gallery to purchase art produced over the past decade from within Australia and internationally. Members are offered a program of activities and events, including visits to private collections, art fairs and festivals and talks by contemporary artists and curators. Members may invite a non-member guest to any Contemporary Collectors events they attend.
Contemporary Collectors Membership privileges include:
- Invitations to selected Art Gallery exhibition openings
- Exclusive private tours of Art Gallery exhibitions with the curators
- Home delivery of the seasonal Art Gallery magazine, Articulate
- Contemporary Collectors Events Calendar and regular e-news bulletins
- Social events in the homes of private art collectors
- Access to interstate and overseas art events through organised trips
- Preferential purchase of limited edition works by contemporary artists
- Discounts in The Gallery Shop and Art Gallery Food Wine
- Use of the Members' Lounge in the sculpture courtyard
Contemporary Collectors membership is valid for a period of three years. Your membership fee may be made in one upfront payment or by annual instalments. Based on ATO guidelines your membership is tax deductible (except for a $60 non tax deductible annual membership fee). Membership benefits are redeemable upon presentation of your Contemporary Collectors Membership card.
Upon joining you will be sent the latest copy of Articulate magazine, the Contemporary Collectors Event Program, and your new membership card which can be used to redeem the benefits outlined above.
BECOME A CONTEMPORARY COLLECTOR
(valid for 3 years)
Membership until 30 June 2020
Pay in full upfront
(Pro-rata rate of $1250 as of December 2017)
Individual: Pay annual instalments of $500
$500 per annum for 3 years
(First instalment pro-rata rate of $250 as of December 2017)
The Contemporary Collectors membership year aligns with the financial year.
For pro-rata rates please contact the Contemporary Collectors Coordinator on 8207 7572.
RENEW YOUR CONTEMPORARY COLLECTORS MEMBERSHIP
Online renewals are available by using the above links. Just click on the appropriate link corresponding to your preferred payment plan and an option will be available to renew. For more information please contact the Contemporary Collectors Coordinator on 8207 7572.
We look forward to sharing another exciting year of contemporary art with you at the Art Gallery of South Australia.